TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your car rental includes:
- Third party liability insurance at the highest rate.
- Unlimited Mileage for ALL cars. Location fee.
- 24 Hours Road assistance.
- VAT and Local taxes.
Rent NOT Includes:
- Traffic fines – The Driver is fully liable. 15Euro commission is charged for each fine.
- 250€ DEPOSIT, payment is possible with Cash on Car Pick-Up, also with Credit or Debit Cards (Deposite with cards have an extra fee of 4%).
- Rental payment is 100% in advance, when you signed this contact. Cash payment is accepted.
- Acceptable credit cards are VISA, VISA Electron, Master Card and Maestro.
- Payments with cards have an extra fee of 4%.
Changes in the reservation:
- Reservations can be changed up to 48 hours before the rental period.
- Booking can be cancelled with a full refund up to 48 hours before the rental starts, with a full refund of the amount that you have paid for the reservation.
- Minimal number of rental days in July, August, December and January is 2 days, if booking is made for less than 2 days for mentioned months, the lessor reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
Terms of renting:
- Vehicles are normally rented at Saranda, Gjirokastër, Ksamil and Tirana International Airport . If you wish, we can deliver the car at any place or the borders of Albania, for some additional pick up/collection fee.
- If the car is rented at or returned from any place in Albania (except our offices),Upon signing the Contract, the car passes an inspection and findings are made and recorded in the contract. Upon returning the car by the client, an authorized employee of the company inspects the car, and if he finds losses and damages caused by Renter’s fault and not covered by the insurance policy, the amount can be paid on the spot.
- All prices are in EURO.
- The rental period is counted for 24 hours as of the time of renting.
- If the return of the car is delayed within 1 hour, with some appropriate reason, you will not be charged. In case of delay for more than 2 hour 100% of the rent due per 1 day should be paid.
No hidden charges!
- We offer a wide range of vehicles of different classes and models.
- All vehicles have passed careful technical inspections; they are fully equipped, with air-conditioning, central door lock, air bag, ABS, power windows, etc. and any other compulsory equipment (first aid kit, fire extinguisher, triangle, tire wrench).
- All cars are insured. They are covered against third party liability at the highest rate.
Requirements for the renter:
- Renter must be between 21 and 65 years old, must have valid personal documents – passport and driver license, with driving practice of minimum 2 years.
- The rented car may be driven only by the persons entered in and authorized by the Rental Contract.
- We do not charge extra for second driver but require that you inform us if there will be other driver, so we can put them on the rental contract. In certain occasions we can make exception for drivers below 20 years of age, but additional deposit will be needed.
- If your license is not in Latin alphabet (i.e. Arabic, Russian or Chinese) you need to bring an International Driver license and your domestic license.
- The cars available for renting are well maintained and kept in very good technical condition. However technical problem may appear.
- In case of technical problem, the client has to contact us on the EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS which are written on the renting contract.
- If the problem is minor and the car is moving we may ask the client to drive it to the first available garage on the road to fix the problem.
- At the end of the renting period the client has to show us an invoice from the garage and we will refund the amount spent for the repair.
- If a big technical problem appears we will send immediately our service truck with another similar car to change the broken one.
General terms of protection plans:
- At vehicle pick up it is important to choose some type of extra coverage, there are different coverage packages which are adjusted to your needs and abilities, from decreased damage excess to no excess at all.
- CDW – Collision Damage Waiver limits the driver’s responsibility for damages done to the vehicle.
- The customer is only responsible for the following amounts:*750,00 € (ALL VEHICLE CATEGORIES)
- The damage done to the vehicle will be charged according to the repair price list available in our offices.
- THEFT PROTECTION (TP)Theft protection (TP) limits the driver’s responsibility in cases of vehicle theft or damages done due to theft or attempted theft to the excess amount, which is subject to the terms of the rental agreement. TP does not cover personal belongings: *750,00 € (ALL VEHICLE CATEGORIES)
- CDW + Collision Damage Waiver plus reduces the damage excess to the following limits:*750,00 € (ALL VEHICLE CATEGORIES)
- WUG – Wheels, undercarriage and glass protection is complete coverage for damage done to the undercarriage, glass, and wheels of the vehicle.
In case of a traffic accident, theft, engine breakdown or similar, The client is obliged to:
- keep the vehicle safe until the time it is picked up by the lessor.
- take the names and addresses of every witness and participant.
- call the police and procure their record except in the case of motor breakdown.
- give a statement as soon as possible in the nearest office of the lessor.
- In the case that the user does not procure a police report, all selected insurance protection plans such as TP / CDW, CDW are considered invalid due to the client’s failure to comply with the provisions of the rental agreement and general terms and conditions.
Costs that are not covered by rental company and cannot be covered by any additional coverage
- Loss or theft of luggage and or personal items from the vehicle
- Parking tickets or fines, traffic violations and such
- Costs due to the wrong fuel type usage
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car keys
- Expenses for lost, stolen or damaged car documents
- Expenses due to negligence – empty battery
- Expenses due to damage to the car’s interior
- Costs of lost equipment (spare tire, tire repair kit, bunker shelves, document etui, driver’s manual)
- Expenses due to damage to additional equipment
- Expenses due to car misuse
- Expenses due to ignoring instruction for car maintenance stated in the cars service book
- Expenses to the vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Costs of car extraction from inaccessible areas (e.g. extraction from mud due to traveling outside regular road infrastructure)
- Expenses incurred by using dirt roads
- Expenses incurred by car racing or cars participation in sport events
- Expenses due to overburdening the car with people or cargo
- Damage costs caused by a person not stated in the contract as the main or additional driver
- Costs created in cases when the main driver or additional driver stated in the rental contract does not have a valid driver’s license or has a ban on driving motor vehicles.
- Other: damaged windscreen wipers or locks, loss or theft of outside parts of the vehicle without a police record, damage costs incurred by usage of roof carriers or luggage on carriers, damage caused by improper handling of luggage and or putting cargo or luggage on the roof, hood etc., as well as expenses caused by ignoring sound and visual warnings of the vehicle.
- In the case that the lessee has lost the car key, a fee of 300,00 € and more (depends on a vehicle model) will be applied.
Lost documentation or registration plates
- In the case of lost or stolen vehicle documentation/ registration plates, a fee of 150.00 € will be applied.
- The police report is mandatory.
- A minimum fee of 10€ will be charged for normal cleaning where a Rented Vehicle is returned in an unsatisfactory condition and/or with a dirty interior.
- In case the vehicle requires a special cleaning procedure after drop-off (i.e. smell removal, animal hair, spillage of liquids), a minimum fee of 60.00 € will be charged.
Don’t smoke in vehicles
- The penalty for smoking in the vehicle is 60,00 €.
PROHIBITED USE. The Vehicle shall not be used:
- for the transportation of persons for compensation
- in any race, test, or competitive event
- outside of Albania without first obtaining Renter Company’s written permission
- by any person not specified in reservation page
- in violation of any state, or local laws
- while under the influence of intoxicants or drugs
- to push or tow
- to leave the keys in or not to properly lock up or secure the Vehicle (excluding valet parking)
- if further use of the Vehicle would cause damage (i.e. warning light on, flat tire, steam rising from engine)
- to carry hazardous or explosive substances
- to transport a total Vehicle and payload weight in excess of the gross Vehicle weight as specified on the Vehicle.
- to drive in or through a structure where there is insufficient clearance, whether of height or width – or off regularly maintained roadways.
- to drive Vehicle if cargo is improperly and/or not secured.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RENTEE SUBRENT OR RELEASE THE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER PERSON OR CORPORATION.
- If the Vehicle is obtained from Rentor by fraud or misrepresentation or is obtained or used in furtherance of an illegal purpose, all use of the Vehicle is WITHOUT RENTOR’S PERMISSION. The foregoing conditions are cumulative and each of them shall apply to every use, operation or driving of the Vehicle.
- The Rented Vehicle should be driven only by the renter or additional drivers mentioned in the rental agreement.
- The Rented Vehicle must not be used: for infringing provisions of the Albania Road Circulation Code, for any purpose contrary to Albanian law, for towing other vehicles, for transporting heavy objects or baggage, flammable materials, or pungent objects, outside the asphalt road network, and/or use under the influence of alcohol, narcotic or toxic substances or speeding.
- The Renter undertakes not to allow the car to be driven by persons other than himself or those approved by the lessor and for which he guarantees, and to reuse the vehicle only for his personal needs. It is forbidden to any competition whatsoever, and to use the rented vehicle by carrying a greater number of passengers than the one carried on the contract.
- In addition, the vehicle must not be transported via boat; or across country borders without the prior written authorization of Car Rentals Company
Return of vehicle
- This Agreement is one of rental only.
- The Vehicle is the property of the Rentor and shall be returned to the Rentor’s address or at a place designated by Rentor and on the date shown on Page 1 or earlier if demanded, together with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear expected.
- Failure to return the Vehicle to the place and on the date as set forth in this Agreement, will terminate the Rentor’s permission for the Rentee to use the Vehicle and thus will terminate the extension of all insurance coverage herein provided.
- If the rented Vehicle is returned to Rentor at any place other than that listed herein, Rentee agrees to pay all expenses incurred by Rentor to have the Vehicle returned.
- Rentor or any of its agents or employees, may peacefully repossess the Vehicle without demand wherever found and terminate this Rental Agreement if the Vehicle is illegally parked, is used in violation of law, or in violation of the Agreement, or was abandoned.
- Rentor shall not in any way be liable to Rentee for damages resulting from such repossession nor shall it be responsible for the loss or damage to any property of Rentee contained therein.
- All vehicles included in our catalogues are illustrative only. Actual vehicles may vary and you may be provided with a similar model at Car Rentals Company discretion.
- The renter is obligated to provide a vehicle to the lessee for a specified price.
- The renter insures the car and the lessee.
- The renter is obligated to check the condition of the vehicle and ensure that it is safe to use before the rent.
- The car that the renter provides must be clean and tanked up.
- In the course of the performance of the rental process, it is necessary to collect some personal data. It is mandatory to provide all the requested information. In the absence of such information, [Car Rental Company] (Data Controller) will not be able to correctly process your rental. The Data Controller will use your personal data to assist you with reserving, renting, and leasing vehicles and for marketing purposes.